We went to the pediatrician yesterday for Owen's two month old check-up. He did great, even through the immunizations (3 shots). He confirmed that Owen is continuing to grow like a champ (which we know because he's getting heavier and harder to hold). He's 23 7/8 inches long (75-90th %tile), weighs 13 pounds 8.4 ounces (90th %tile!) and has a head circumference of 15.5 inches (25-50th %tile). (I should note that Owen did not get the vaccine for Hib that Merck recalled this morning, so no worries.)
He's "talking" more and more and starting to drool a lot (which apparently is normal). He drooled all over his pediatrician, but he seemed used to it. He's also standing up on our laps when we hold him up (and no, this will not cause him to be bow-legged). And the other night he went from 9:45pm (asleep at midnight) until 5:30am without eating! He hasn't done it since, but we're hopeful!!!
I have to brag on Kyle a little bit. He's so great at "taking over" with Owen when he gets home. I know he misses Owen like crazy when he's at work, especially on call, so he wants to spend time with him; but I also know he's consciously trying to give me a break. Here are some shots of play time with daddy the other day...
Um, yeah. That diaper looks a little loose Dear. Danger.

He was smiling, really, he was.
He's "talking" more and more and starting to drool a lot (which apparently is normal). He drooled all over his pediatrician, but he seemed used to it. He's also standing up on our laps when we hold him up (and no, this will not cause him to be bow-legged). And the other night he went from 9:45pm (asleep at midnight) until 5:30am without eating! He hasn't done it since, but we're hopeful!!!
I have to brag on Kyle a little bit. He's so great at "taking over" with Owen when he gets home. I know he misses Owen like crazy when he's at work, especially on call, so he wants to spend time with him; but I also know he's consciously trying to give me a break. Here are some shots of play time with daddy the other day...
Um, yeah. That diaper looks a little loose Dear. Danger.
He was smiling, really, he was.
2 comments:
Hi...I'm a friend of the Mezger family. Franny gave me your blog address and I love reading your sweet stories about Owen (and I love that name, too). We have a 10month old, Clinton. As I read your blog, I start to miss those days of sweet snuggles, first giggles, and many naps. Now it's food thrown from the high chair, screaming out just to hear the echo through the house, and head bruises due to no fear and apparently no sense...but I find myself loving these moments, too. Feel free to drop by our blog anytime...it's pure craziness!
Hola, Mezgers! I'm so excited to see you have a blog so I can keep tabs on the growing family! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment